Tuesday, 11 October 2016

This Blog now endorses Evan McMullin for President




I initially endorsed Jeb Bush, who sadly pulled out. Then Ted Cruz, with a bit more reluctance. I am now endorsing Evan McMullin.

I am aware he won't be on the ballot in every state. I also know that if a lot of people vote for him, Hillary Clinton will have an easier ride to the White House. However, I consider a Clinton victory to be infinitely preferable to a Trump victory.

I am particularly impressed with Evan McMullin's rejection of Islamophobia. He seems to be far more unequivocal in rejecting hatred and suspicion of Muslims than Marco Rubio or even Jeb Bush.

McMullin's former career as a CIA agent testifies to his awareness of the need for a robust and assertive foreign policy, as well as understanding of the dangers threatening the USA and her allies.

No comments:

Post a Comment