Thursday, 14 July 2016

Still a Tory

I haven't left the Conservative Party and joined the Liberal Democrats and probably won't. I really like the One-Nation Tory message that Theresa May is putting across. I am also delighted that Amber Rudd has been appointed as home secretary. As well as being a passionate voice on the Remain side in the referendum, Amber Rudd is my parents' local MP.

Seeing all those familiar names getting promoted or sacked reminded me of just how deep my attachment is to the Tory Party. The old tribal loyalties were awakened. Leaving the Tory Party would be like a football fan changing the team he supports.

Of course, I will be following the EU negotiations closely and I would be deeply concerned if restricting immigration became a priority over getting access to the single market.

No comments:

Post a Comment