Tuesday, 28 July 2015

The Feast of Saint Martha

Saint Martha is one of my favorite saints. I am really devoted to her. I love the fact that the Bible records two memorable incidents about her. One in which she messed up; acting selfish and losing her temper. In the other incident, she showed her complete faith and trust in Jesus Christ and saw the reality of her faith vindicated in the raising of Lazarus.




Almighty ever-living God,
whose Son was pleased to be welcomed
in Saint Martha’s house as a guest,
grant, we pray,
that through her intercession,
serving Christ faithfully in our brothers and sisters,
we may merit to be received by you
in the halls of heaven.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.




Saint Martha,
I resort to thy aid and protection.
Comfort me in all my difficulties
and through the great favors thou didst enjoy
when the Savior was lodged in thy house,
intercede for my family,
that we be provided for in our neccessities.
I ask of thee, Saint Martha,
to overcome all difficulties
as thou didst overcome the dragon
which thou hadst at thy feet.
In the name of the Father
and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

Amen


Saint Martha, hostess of the Lord and woman of faith, pray for us, that we may have complete confidence and trust in Jesus Christ Our Saviour

No comments:

Post a Comment