Monday, 2 February 2015

ModestGeneration910: Head Coverings Uncovered!

ModestGeneration910: Head Coverings Uncovered!

'Based on the above research, study, and prayer over the course of a year God has convicted me strongly that I should cover my head when praying or prophesying. For me, most importantly I want to testify to the angels about God in this way. It is a very simple thing to cover my head while praying or giving a word of prophesy to someone. There is so much freedom in what the head covering could look like. It can be a headband, a pretty scarf, multiple scarves, a hat, a cap, a thin lace veil, I mean literally whatever you want it to be! I do not believe that this verse in any way teaches that your actual hair has to be covered or that it has to look any particular way. What's important here is that the woman who is choosing to cover her hair is doing so out of an understanding of this passage, a clear conviction from the Lord, and a heart that is submissive to his will and not her own. If this is not done from love like any other obedience it is a filthy rag to God. Therefore this blog is NOT me telling all Christian women to cover their heads while praying or prophesying or even encouraging them to cover. Nope, this blog post is me simply uncovering the mystery behind this passage and encouraging my sisters in Christ to pray about this and take a fresh look at these verses on their own! I am confident that God will move who He desires to cover to obedience in this area.'

No comments:

Post a Comment