Saturday, 30 August 2014

Frugal Abundance: Headcovering & Cringing

Frugal Abundance: Headcovering & Cringing

"When I started wearing a headcovering, I did a lot of cringing. In public, I looked weird. I wasn’t exactly comfortable with wearing it yet, so it still felt a little bit like a costume, instead of my everyday habit. Since I felt uncomfortable myself, others, especially the public at large, sensed my discomfort and it made things increasingly awkward. Over time things became less awkward. It took time though. I think the first 2 years it was still pretty weird for me at times. After 2 years, wearing the headcovering was closer to second nature. After 5 years it was mostly normal. After 10 years, I don’t even give it a second thought. A headcovering is simply part of my way of life."

No comments:

Post a Comment